MESS is excited to have the new Ableton Push 3 in the studio. It is available for everyone, including a special low-cost session for people who aren’t yet MESS Members.
Ableton’s Push controllers have been around for a while now. Two things are unique about the Push 3.
- You can run Ableton Live sessions without a laptop. The Push 3 is a standalone piece of hardware featuring all the functionality of Ableton Live from a portable battery-powered device.
- You will not find Push 3 in music instrument retailers either online or IRL. You can only buy directly from Ableton.
MESS is one of the places where you can come and try out the Push 3. We have been working alongside the folks from Ableton to create a special self-directed session to help you explore Push 3.
Push 3 Sessions for Non-Members
For the first time, we’re offering a special Push 3 session for non-members for only $44. This session gives you 4 hours to work with the Push 3 Workstation, which features Roland System 500 system modules. This session comes with everything you need to get to know the Push 3 as well as work with the Roland hardware modules. You can book by using the link below. Please see the special conditions of this session before booking.
Our members can book and reserve a Push 3 session for free using the special booking link below. These bookings are the same as any regular MESS session, where you work in the studio without restriction.
- Sessions must be paid in full on arrival and before the session commences.
- Sessions are restricted to the Push 3 workstation only. Only MESS members can use the complete MESS Studio collection.
- Sessions are self-directed. MESS staff can offer only limited assistance.
- Sessions are limited to one person at a time, except for those requiring a carer or guardian.
- Sessions are limited to regular MESS Studio session hours. Late arrival will reduce the time available to within these hours.
”Push gives you independence from your computer to be fully in the moment with your music. Connect your gear. Sculpt your sound. Play in a style that’s recognizably yours. An upgradeable instrument and an ever-evolving bond with Ableton Live, Push is designed to sit at the heart of your setup for years to come.Ableton Live
How to prepare for your Push 3 session at MESS
Watch the video
To be ready for your session using Push 3 at MESS consider watching this overview video – Learn Push 3: Overview
Download Ableton Live
Whilst at MESS you can use Push 3 in standalone mode. However you may want to connect Push to Ableton Live on your laptop. Ableton offers a fully functional free Trial.
Already an Ableton user? Make sure you’re up to date
As Push 3 works with Live 11.3 and above, prior to your session it is recommended that you download and install the latest version of Ableton Live on your computer.